Enterprise Asset Management
Enterprise Asset Management
Managing asset performance with
next generation digital solutions
Digital Asset Performance Management
Intensified regulatory regimes are forcing infrastructure operators to increase efficiency and operational excellence
The next generation of enterprise asset management solutions
Get expert guidance on how technology is improving enterprise asset performance.
Aging infrastructure and dramatic regulatory changes are rendering historical asset management and integrity management programs dangerously unreliable. Intensified regulatory regimes are forcing infrastructure operators to increase efficiency and operational excellence.
An asset management system can help companies comply with new regulations, preserve and extend the life of long-term infrastructure assets and optimize lifecycle costs.
DXC is helping our clients to implement and upgrade their enterprise asset management solutions with expert guidance on how digital technologies like cloud, analytics, mobility and security can help you improve enterprise asset management and performance.
Minimize unscheduled downtime that leads to production losses and missed operating targets.
Reduce the risks of unscheduled down time from equipment failures, which leads to lost production, missed operating targets, and noncompliance with health, safety and environmental regulations.
Increase in asset availability
Achieve confidence in your maintenance budgets and know precisely where your maintenance dollars are being spent.
Reliably plan and schedule maintenance of your assets on time and on budget, knowing that all necessary resources will be available “just in time,” according to your schedule.
Reduction in maintenance cost
Employees and the environment
Ensure that your equipment is in the best possible condition, protecting your people and the environment.
Mobilize field access to asset and work order information with detailed step-by-step maintenance instructions and standard operating procedures to deliver employee efficiency, productivity, and safety.
Improvement in labor utilization
Eliminate non-compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations.
Lower the number of occurrences of close calls, avoiding potential accidents or incidents that could lead to serious injury or fatalities.
Improved fatal incident rate
Integrating asset management and work management with business intelligence to drive asset performance
Asset Lifecycle Management
Digital asset performance management solutions
Connected Asset Lifecycle Management
Digital asset performance management
Infrastructure operators face major challenges related to aging critical infrastructure and dramatic regulatory changes, rendering historical asset and integrity management programs dangerously unreliable.
Companies must rely on the knowledge of field personnel and paper-based records to track and analyze powerline and pipeline integrity, safety and compliance – and that approach is inefficient and unsustainable in today’s regulatory environment.
To succeed, operators worldwide need a comprehensive enterprise asset management program.
- Proactive approach for predictive maintenance
- Combine an asset management system with collection and analysis of performance data
- Comprehensive workforce management solution for dispatching crews and maintaining critical assets
- Unified solution for enterprise asset management, workforce management, and asset performance management
Mobile Work Management
Mobilize field access to work order and asset information anytime, anywhere
Mobile Work Order Management
Mobilize your field force workers to gain efficiency and productivity
Mobile work order management is vital for efficiency and productivity.
Our business driven mobile solution allows infrastructure operators to customize and deploy solutions in the field tailored to specific requirements and detailed task-by-task operations.
The flexibility lies in the intelligent scripting capabilities, which deliver a unique, script based method of sequencing instructions and data collection.
Field workers have access to all the information they need to efficiently and effectively complete work orders and tasks.
Mobilize field access to asset and work order information
Intelligently sequence maintenance instructions
Accurately collect data at the point of service
Mobile Geospatial Work Management
Geospatial work management across large geographical areas
Geospatial work management provides a map-based, task centric and supportive environment for field technicians covering a network dispersed across a wide geographical area.
Through the use of digital workflows, data from multiple sources that is required for a particular task is presented to the user.
Interaction is enabled through mapping, graphics, intelligent forms, photographs and third party devices.
Data captured, including urgent network changes, is automatically returned to back office enterprise systems and can also be directly shared with other field staff in near-real-time.
- Locate and manage assets and components across large geographical areas
- Integrated mapping, graphics, intelligent forms, photographs, and third party devices
- Make decisions in the field to minimize the impact of leaks, disruptions of service, and outages
- Continue to work offline in areas with no connectivity
Industrial Internet of Things
Creating a digital view of your physical assets
Digital Twins and the Industrial Internet of Things
Using digital twins with improved asset integrity practices, can increase productivity and safety
Productivity and safety are the primary goals when discussing operations
Creating “digital twins”, combined with improved asset integrity practices, can provide the path to capturing opportunities to increase productivity and safety.
Expanding sophisticated sensors interconnected throughout a network enables real-time monitoring with predictive maintenance. This has huge implications for operators constantly working to drive time and cost efficiencies in maintenance, repair and operations.
Infrastructure operators must dramatically improve the productivity of their MRO functions. Huge sums are wasted on inefficiencies as companies struggle to keep asset information up to date and accurate. The simple task of finding assets in a complex facility can take a significant amount of time. So in operations, where downtime can cost millions, an increase in maintenance effectiveness can yield massive savings.
- Deliver connected infrastructure, harnessing the power of the Industrial Internet of Things
- Monitor the integrity of smart assets through the use of a “digital twin”
- Drive predictive maintenance using condition monitoring and predictive analytics of asset performance
- Reduce unplanned downtime across mission critical assets
- Improve employee safety
Moving from traditional preventive, to new predictive and proactive maintenance models
Predictive maintenance analytics, uses equipment data from many different data sources to be more proactive in maintenance operations to reduce operating costs, maximize return on asset investments, and maintain compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
This understanding of equipment failures allows equipment operators to proactively come up with maintenance strategies, enabling them to advance from the traditional "run-to-fail" or preventive models to new predictive and proactive maintenance models that better optimizes cost and downtime.
- Reduce downtime: schedule in advance equipment or component replacement / maintenance through early prediction
- Reduce total cost of ownership: use early prediction for replacement of equipment or components before critical failures happen
- Improve efficiency: gain efficiency through use of predictive failure and mitigation of the failures in advance
- Improve ROI: allow the operation to take proactive actions on maintenance of components or equipment itself and perform faster repair of faulty components
Augmented reality solutions improve maintenance productivity with hands-free, voice-activated wearable technology
Smart Technician is a next-generation, digital user experience that transforms the way technicians maintain equipment, turning new technicians into seasoned pros
The Smart Technician solution improves the efficiency and productivity of any technician (even a new hire), enabling them to process more work orders, repair more equipment, and maintain equipment in peak working condition.
This means reduced downtime from equipment failures, reduced operational costs for maintenance activities, and increased business efficiency.
Improvement in technician productivity
Hands free digital experience on smart glass technology
Use an Intelligent Checklist for step-by-step maintenance instructions on a wearable device
Display instructional overlays (instructions, videos, wiring diagrams, etc) using augmented reality
Collaborate with remote experts using Visual Remote Guidance to help solve problems quickly
Voice activated commands and controls for a truly hands free experience
Enterprise asset management case studies
Digital innovation drives efficient railway maintenance operations
Network Rail was looking to modernize ageing paper-based operations to a new mobile-enabled digital workforce where front line workers access information directly on their devices.
The Offering Rail Better Information Services (ORBIS) digital transformation program was created to improve processes to acquire, store and use rail asset information. Maintenance operations became entirely paperless within 3 weeks of deploying the solution.
- Transform a complex railway maintenance process from paper-based to digital
- Leverage technology to improve operational efficiency and increase public safety
- Give maintenance workers greater flexibility with advanced mobile solutions
- Consult with end users to make employees in the field part of the solution
- Optimize business processes by deploying My Work application across 13,000 devices to enable frontline workers to better capture and access railway asset information
- Upgrade back-office infrastructure to support high levels of system performance and scalability
- Massive reduction in paperwork and paper-based reporting
- Cost savings brought about via 40% reduction in administration requirements
- Improved operational efficiencies and increased public safety
Piedmont Natural Gas
Company-wide workplace and asset management integration project
All assets in a single system mapped to a Geographic Information System (GIS) database for mobile access by their workforce
With partners ABB and CGI, successfully integrated a disparate portfolio of products that have never been previously integrated
Establish itself as a governance leader in the gas / utility industry while ensuring regulatory compliance
Implemented a company-wide work / asset management program that records all assets in a single system mapped to a GIS system for mobile access by their workforce
Project successfully integrated a disparate portfolio of products that have never been previously integrated.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
- Move from paper-based to mobile-connected workforce (e.g. work dispatch), to improve timely customer service
- Integrate a disparate portfolio of products, including work and asset management solutions, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and a mobile workforce solution
- Solution implemented with partners ABB (mobile work management) and CGI (asset and resource management)
- Other key software included GE Small World (GIS system) and GE Field Smart (workforce reporting tool)
- Supported systematic traceability, inspection history, and remedial action management as required by regulators
- 100% regulatory compliance
- Improved employee work-life balance via efficient work dispatch system
- Higher-quality, more timely customer service
- Accommodated unplanned changes in IT governance mid-project due to the company being acquired by Duke Energy
Mobile enabled work order system improves maintenance performance
Queensland Rail, is a government owned railway operator in Queensland, Australia, operating suburban and long-distance passenger services
This client needed to implement a mobile enabled work order system to improve maintenance performance and reduce the cost of maintenance operations.
Mobile devices enable automated field reporting of work orders with GPS location stamps and uploads of photo and digital attachments.
This simplified data entry in the field by auto-generating and populating specific information from the work order.
- Manual planning procedures for maintenance work orders
- Poor recording of time and materials used in the field
- Inventory management and procurement processes affected by lack of maintenance planning
- Design and implement SAP Work Manager solution and deploy to 600+ mobile users
- Enable a single source of truth for raising corrective work requests straight off a work order
- Implement improved linear information such as geotagging
- Enhanced quality of field information for better executive decision making
- Improved time and cost savings through better work order planning
- Enhanced economies of scale due to ability to group work orders by geography
Open Grid Europe
Open Grid Europe relies on smart data to manage the network
For Open Grid Europe, the company that runs one of Germany’s largest gas grids, the future has already begun: Big Data is converted to Smart Data, enabling the company to make more efficient use of existing pipelines.
For this purpose, a multitude of data is collected, intelligently correlated and analyzed. This includes market data related to required capacities, prices, and technical data related to the gas grid.
For instance, the company’s compressor stations maintain gas pressure levels of up to 100 bar to ensure a smooth flow along some 12,000 km (equivalent to around 7,500 miles) of pipelines. Open Grid Europe currently evaluates a scenario for the predictive maintenance of its compressor stations.
Numerous sensors measure operating parameters, such as vibrations and temperatures. The data picked up by these sensors is fed to the Open Grid Europe data center in Essen, enabling the company to automatically detect deviations and identify issues up-front.
- Drive digital transformation through the enterprise to pave the way for new business approaches
- Engage DXC Technology to support the initial standardization and automation of IT operations
- Provide ongoing consulting services to support digital transformation
- Highly standardized and automated IT infrastructure as a foundation for digital transformation
- Reduced cost due to outsourcing of IT operations to DXC Technology
- Freed up resources for new Big Data and Analytics projects plus new business models
Ports of Auckland
Ports of Auckland gets proactive maintenance right
Eclipse, a DXC Technology Company, worked with Ports of Auckland in New Zealand to improve its enterprise asset management via Microsoft Dynamics AX and Daxeam and proactively forecast, schedule and manage the maintenance of the port’s assets. This delivered operational efficiencies and cost savings to the business.
Daxeam lets Ports proactively manage its assets through preventive maintenance forecasting and scheduling. This includes ensuring each part of the process runs seamlessly and there is no unwarranted downtime for any machine. From ensuring the workshop is ready for a specific machine to ordering the required parts in advance, Daxeam streamlines the entire process.
- To streamline asset management and move to a more predictive and proactive approach
- To reduce costs, introduce efficiencies and reduce the chances of unplanned equipment downtime
- Dynamics AX ERP, which included the implementation of an Accounts Payable Automation solution APSmart
- Daxeam; a Microsoft-certified ISV solution for preventive maintenance forecasting and scheduling
- Significant operational efficiencies and cost savings to the business
- No unwarranted downtime of assets due to preventive maintenance forecasting and scheduling
- Staff and contractors are managed more effectively
Edmonton International Airport
Airport reduces costs through streamlined asset management
Edmonton International Airport (EIA) is a community-based, financially independent, non-share corporation responsible for operating and developing two airports in the Edmonton region: Edmonton International Airport and Villeneuve Airport.
EIA is Canada’s fifth busiest airport, serving nearly eight million passengers annually. EIA offers nonstop flights to more than 50 destinations across Canada, the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe.
Before the implementation of DXC Enterprise Asset Management at EIA, many of the asset management and maintenance processes were performed manually, with only a small percentage of assets being captured in the system. The previous asset management system had been implemented with limited engineering asset data and maintenance plans, and EIA had been running it as a standalone system lacking any integration with its supply chain or finance systems.
- DXC Enterprise Asset Management
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Accurate equipment life-cycle costs and maintenance costs
- Improved asset reliability programs and utilization of maintenance staff
- Improved document management for job plans
New…but not born yesterday
The world’s leading independent, end-to- end IT services company
DXC Technology helps clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. For more than 60 years, we have successfully guided the world’s largest enterprises and government agencies through successful change cycles.
We take pride in our technology independence and our role as a trusted advisor. Our deep experience gives us a clear and confident vision to help clients navigate the future.
As the world’s leading independent, end-to- end IT services company, we are uniquely positioned to lead digital transformations — creating greater value for clients, partners and shareholders, and presenting growth opportunities for our people. We are among the world’s best corporate citizens.
We have 150,000 employees in more than 70 countries, serving some 6,000 clients. We tap into global talent, powerful next-generation IT solutions and extensive partner relationships to help clients transform digitally and seize opportunities.
Our extensive partner network helps us drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. We have established more than 250 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners.
View our company infographic
New, but not born yesterday
Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology boasts a long and proud history of innovation, service and value.
In 1959, computer analysts Roy Nutt and Fletcher Jones pooled $100 to form CSC, providing computer manufacturers with complex programs known as assemblers, compilers and operating systems. During the next five decades, CSC grew rapidly to serve governments and enterprises worldwide.
In 1962, Electronic Data Systems was founded in Dallas, Texas, by Ross Perot. EDS, a pioneer in IT outsourcing, grew from Perot’s initial $1,000 investment to a global enterprise that helped 500 million passengers board planes, processed 13 billion credit card transactions and performed 2.4 billion healthcare transactions. Hewlett Packard acquired Electronic Data Systems in 2008, and soon created HP Enterprise Services, focused on transforming enterprises and achieving measurable business outcomes. In November 2015, Hewlett Packard Company split into HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and the Enterprise Services business became part of HPE.
Through their histories, both CSC and HPE Enterprise Services were known for evolving to keep pace with the ever-changing world of technology – and for offering clients a fresh perspective built on a rich heritage of innovation and industry-leading services.
Today, the strategic combination of these two complementary businesses creates the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company.
With $25 billion in annual revenues and nearly 6,000 clients in more than 70 countries, DXC Technology is uniquely positioned to lead digital transformations – creating greater value for clients, partners and shareholders; as well as presenting new growth opportunities for its people.