Experience the art of Transformation in insurance
Experience the art of *Transformation* in insurance
*Xchanging* Joins *CSC*
CREATING THE NUMBER ONE PROVIDER OF CORE INSURANCE SOLUTIONS GLOBALLY
CSC and Xchanging are now one.
Our two organizations have come together to offer innovative, next-generation technology solutions and services to every segment of the insurance market globally. We are a leader that will be at the heart of the insurance industry’s digital transformation journey.
For clients operating in other industries, the addition of Xchanging enables CSC to offer access to a broader, partner-enriched portfolio of services in areas such as application services, infrastructure management services, cybersecurity and analytics.
CSC and Xchanging are now one. We've become one company to help you transform yours.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR OFFERING AS ONE XCHANGING AND CSC
MASTER THE ART OF TRANSFORMATION
Watch our video below to find out more
LONDON MARKET IMPERATIVES
Digital technology will bring transformation to insurance. The industry is ready to tackle its central services legacy and build new market utilities that will re-frame insurance and re-design the London market. In response, Xchanging and CSC are ready to help transform, modernise and integrate legacy, customised applications and infrastructure.
SHAPE THE FUTURE
Transformation will drive change, refresh infrastructure, and renew applications. It will also streamline, automate, standardise and globalise complex processes. It will be an opportunity for firms like yours to shape the future – with digital transformation powered by CSC.
MAKE CHANGE WORK FOR YOU
CSC and Xchanging can help make change work for you. Book a Transformation Discovery session and see how you could deploy technology to drive better, more cost efficient and more predictable business outcomes.
Find out about our next generation of insurance innovations including a unique new service, brand new software products and interesting new provocations.
LEADING CLIENTS ON THEIR DIGITAL JOURNEY
By working as one, CSC and Xchanging can deliver a comprehensive and constantly evolving portfolio of solutions and insights to drive innovation and digital transformation. Latest additions include:
An innovative approach to help you define and align your digital strategy…
GLOBAL DIGITAL INSURANCE MARKETPLACE
Allowing brokers and carriers to shop online for a variety of services – with no hosting or IT overheads…
The Holy Grail that is peer-to-peer straight-through processing…
Modernising proportional treaty claims for brokers and carriers…
The latest software offering real-time risk assessment, accurate and detailed submission and portfolio management…
DIGITAL CLAIMS FOR COMMERCIAL INSURANCE
Advanced digital, cloud-based claims solutions that make it easy to manage the claims process end-to-end over the Internet…
Groundbreaking end-to-end customer engagement platform…
Inform your thinking with fresh perspectives from our industry experts. Check back regularly for updated titles…
An industry-defining new approach to delivering digital transformation
THE TIME TO CHANGE IS NOW
Most traditional insurance organisations are intrigued about the possibilities of the core digital technologies such as cloud, mobility, analytics and social media. Your own organisation may even have a digital programme underway, be that digital marketing or an even broader digital strategy. But do you know what you need digital technologies for? A new cost-efficiency drive? An urgent Board level demand? A response to competitors launching agile new services? A response to new digital businesses disrupting your market?
Why are you going digital?
What’s your end goal? How will you know when you’ve got there? How can you measure ROI and stay current as business models evolve?
At CSC, we understand that it’s tough for traditional businesses to embrace the digital era and seize the potential new opportunities it presents. We also know that the dynamic has changed. Potential disruptors are rapidly entering the insurance market and expectations of customers are evolving. To succeed, you rightly feel you need to start rolling out new digital approaches, fast.
"Customer adoption of digital technologies – including social media, mobile, cloud and analytics – is outpacing the technical, commercial, cultural and ethical capabilities of many insurance companies"
Report: The Economist Intelligence Unit ‘Digital Adoption in the Insurance Sector’ – From Ambition to Reality
POWER OF THE PAUSE
Our respose is to pause, albeit briefly, and use an innovative and highly collaborative approach that will help your executive teams understand the underlying purpose, goals, and brilliant business outcomes that redefine future success in a digital world. The digital era is different and it requires organisations to think differently to maximise the possibilities and, in some circumstances, remain competitive. Our approach creates a unique environment that helps organisations demystify digital and see their potential from a new perspective.
We call this service Digital Intention.
IF YOUR BUSINESS WAS BORN TODAY, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?
Personalised. Real-time. Socially-enabled. Mobile. You’d deliver it all right now if you could. CSC can you get there fast, but first we need to help you think differently, exploring a unique ‘Experience First’ approach that starts with the end in mind.
- Probe what sort of experience you want your customers, supply-chain and employees to have – using unique methodologies and leveraging techniques derived from the principles of neuroscience and organisational and behavioural change. This will spark robust discussion and challenge underlying assumptions
- Agree what you want to achieve – working together to define your organisation’s underlying Digital Intention
- Look holistically from many perspectives – thinking about your customers, brokers, carriers and employees and highlight any disconnects between digital possibilities and current realities
- Align with your leadership team – working with your senior leaders and using a unique approach which enables participants to think differently and take an ‘Experience First’ route to defining their digital future
- Define a realistic Digital Destination – starting from where you are, and then enabling you to experience where you want to be so you can visualise the future business from the external perspective of customers, brokers, carriers and employees and other third parties.
Digital Intention is a process, not a product. It facilitates, rather than prescribes. Our phased approach starts with defining a Digital Ambition which is challenged and refined in an interactive Digital Intention Session, finally delivering a clear Digital Destination roadmap
THREE OPTIONS. ONE DESTINATION
CSC’s experts don’t just paint you a nice picture. We can execute against
it too, balancing deep digital transformation with quick tactical wins and more detailed process enhancements. So you can get to the blocks fast and keep your business running while delivering critical change at speed:
- Digital Transformation requires thinking like disruptors to create exciting new business models
- Digital Augmentation involves digitising a specific process to make it more experience first
- Tactical Digital Shift is a contained activity such as building an app or securely shifting a data centre to the cloud
"Digital transformation... is the active re-imagining of our organisations"
Mike Walsh – Futurist Speaker
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED?
the ideas to take your business to the next level
the complex challenges surrounding digital technology
an innovative environment that will support your digital ambition
like a digital business and experience your digital destination
a clear digital ambition with leadership alignment
against it with industry-leading tools and technologies.
Global digital Insurance MARKETPLACE
A digital ecosystem for insurance
AN ECOSYSTEM TO ENABLE TRANSFORMATION
Brokers, commercial and specialty
(re)insurance leaders have wrestled
with the changing technological
landscape because of the diversity
and complexity of risk.
Digital barriers to innovation
Such as legacy platforms, duplication and rekeying – have inhibited leaders from offering truly digital customer experiences and embracing the opportunity for increased efficiency and competitiveness which digital solutions can bring.
CSC is committed to ushering in change and facilitating digital transformation for the commercial insurance sector.
Our vision is to move towards a world where commercial and specialty professionals will benefit from digital transformation in areas such as sales processes, risk analytics, record management and claims automation.
THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
We will deliver software as a service on infrastructure consumed via a pay as you go basis on public and private clouds.
These clouds will be connected to the market through standard messaging and standard connectors (APIs), offering a catalogue of increasingly granular automated, digital services into which the bureau will evolve. This will be a catalogue consumed by the market in preference to in-house services, not by mandate, but by a compelling commercial and service case.
The services that consume market data will be held securely and make use of distributed data using the latest technologies to avoid the duplication and rechecking inherent in duplicated sources.
Carriers will be able to connect with consumers for relevant commercial lines in the personal lines models, and all these processes and data will be appropriately and securely available through any device.
DRIVING ENTERPRISE TRANSFORMATION WITH DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
"CSC is committed to ushering in change and facilitating digital transformation for the commercial insurance sector."
Global digital Insurance Marketplace from CSC
BENEFITS OF THE MARKETPLACE
Insurers will gain significant benefits from the Global Digital Insurance Marketplace strategy, including:
- The ability to modernise by leveraging the digital agility already enjoyed by personal lines insurers
- Increased competitive advantage with the ability to respond quickly to changing market conditions
- More peace of mind thanks to CSC’s buying power, ability to meet compliance standards, and SLA management
- Flex at will quickly and easily roll out modifications based on your own specific knowledge of the risk, and your firm’s changing appetite
- Choice of value add and increasingly automated business process services
Welcome to the digital ecosystem with CSC and the Global Digital Insurance Marketplace
“The Global Digital Insurance Marketplace sets the vision and direction for all the areas in which CSC is investing, from the Central Service Refresh Programme to Xuber, from the use of robotics in central services to the adoption of cloud technologies. It is a broad ranging vision that underpins everything in which we are investing and will strengthen London’s position as an innovator and leader globally.”
Patrick Molineux General Manager, Insurance CSC UKI
GLOBAL DIGITAL INSURANCE MARKETPLACE
- Standardised software as a service
- Infrastructure provided on a pay as you use basis
- Widespread adoption of standard messaging
- Continual further automation of business process services
- A growing ecosystem of global technology partners
…for the future of insurance.
Talk to CSC about your digital future at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go digital with this industry-defining underwriting solution
UPGRADE TO DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS IN ONE SMART MOVE
How can you be agile, innovative and fast-to-market when the IT infrastructure supporting you was built for a different era? You’re under pressure to keep pace with regulatory change, reduce operating costs and maintain margins. But the complex patchwork of legacy systems and manual processes that you rely on day-to-day inevitably saps budget, kills visibility and slows the business down.
New Digital Systems
Your firm needs to invest in new digital systems – that much is clear. But can you really afford the financial outlays and risk that come with change? With Xuber Underwriting from CSC, you can. It’s the easy, cost-effective, low-risk way to upgrade to an end-to-end digital submissions process, giving you:
- Global reach – Multi-market support for your increasingly global industry
- Efficiency – One work flow-driven submission, pricing and authorisation process
- Flex – Easy back-integration with any record keeping system
- Innovation – All functionality ready for electronic submission
- Visibility – A clear executive view into underwriting and key lead indicators
SHAPING THE FUTURE OF INSURANCE
CSC is in a unique position to connect the whole insurance market with this visionary straight-through processing solution. By linking Xuber’s significant client bases in both the broking and carrier communities and letting them integrate to their legacy systems, we’re delivering the digitisation that the London Market so badly wants.
ONE TOUCH AND IT’S DONE
Xuber Underwriting lets you move from submission to bind almost effortlessly: no re-keying, no laborious manual processing, no discrepancies. It can handle messages from global markets, interface with legacy technology and deliver visibility and control with electronic placement and one-touch data capture.
- Centralise data through an organisation-wide hub that connects internal carrier systems out to global broker networks
- Meet and beat industry standards delivering real choice and exibility for the future
- Deploy rapidly and be up and running in six months or less
- Drive automated back-office functions and free up valuable time for technical underwriting
- Drive strategic decision making, achieving visibility and analysing underwriting effectiveness, capital spread, consumption and rejection.
Underwriters enjoy efficient work flow-driven processing, greater customer insight and succinct information streams.
IT teams beneft from easy-to-install, future-proofed technology that becomes the strategic digital backbone of your IT infrastructure.
Business Development teams gain a single view of customers, easy relationship management and pipeline control.
Executives finally achieve real strategic insight, visibility and decision support.
Compliance experts receive a full audit trail and a controlled pricing framework with delegated underwriting authorities.
Operational teams can take advantage of easy data capture and automated responses and data entry with simple, demonstrable adherence to process.
XUBER UNDERWRITING SPEARHEADS CSC’S DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION DRIVE FOR THE INSURANCE SECTOR.
as the world’s #1 provider of core insurance services
on more than 40 years’ experience
200 global insurance companies across 46 countries
the future with critical digital transformation.
Talk to CSC about embracing the move to digital: email@example.com
Switch on to cloud-powered super-fast Proportional Treaty settlements
WELCOME TO 21ST CENTURY PROPORTIONAL TREATY SETTLEMENT
Paper-based, manually intensive processes make diminishing sense in a digital era. They create unnecessary workloads, slow down business and tie up cash flow.
The current Proportional Treaty service for the London market is a case in point.
It needs to accelerate – fast.
Today’s Proportional Treaty process for the London market demands significant time and effort from the broker and the carrier alike, creating large query volumes, incomplete documentation and lengthy agreement cycles.
CSC’s TreatyCloud solution makes a difference by moving the whole process from paper into the cloud – and into the 21st century.
THE ANSWERS ARE IN THE CLOUD
CSC TreatyCloud provides a shared market repository for treaty contracts and automates the claims agreement process for Proportional Treaty statements. Harnessing cutting-edge Microsoft Azure cloud technology, it significantly accelerates treaty agreement by providing a next-generation digital toolset for tracking, notification and agreement:
- Electronic agreement
- Email notifications
- Document version control
- Full audit history
- On-line query
Carriers and brokers are currently asking questions like these:
- “Can we reduce the turnaround time for Proportional Treaty statements?”
- “Can we achieve that without incurring IT infrastructure overheads?”
- “Will a new solution help us compete in and with Global markets?”
- “Can we be con dent that any new solution is fully auditable?”
TreatyCloud says the answer is “yes.”
"CSC’s TreatyCloud solution makes a difference by moving the whole process from paper into the cloud – and into the 21st century. "
HOW YOUR BUSINESS CAN BENEFIT
Business drivers for Proportional Treaty statements in the London market have changed in recent years with the focus firmly on demonstrating a robust compliant framework with improved end-to-end cycle times for clients.
TreatyCloud responds directly to these pressures and gives firms what they need to compete in London and on the Global markets too.
- Performance is increased and cycle times reduced with automatic notification by email when documents are uploaded or agreement required
- Claims tracking is automated too with centrally administered management
- By cutting down on face-to-face time, TreatyCloud also reduces the risk of human error affecting the efficiency of the process as well as providing an audit trail with evidence of activity and full version control to minimise search time
- Quite simply, by making the whole Proportional Treaty process friction-free and faster, TreatyCloud accelerates cash flow and cuts costs for carriers and brokers alike.
And that’s got to be good for business.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR THE MORE EFFICIENT PROCESSING OF PROPORTIONAL TREATIES...
Is an internet cloud application running in Microsoft Azure – which means it needs no IT infrastructure.
...without the infrastructure overheads.
Talk to CSC about speeding your view: firstname.lastname@example.org
CSC’s gold standard for clarity in risk
CLARITY IN RISK
Insurance risk is changing. The speed of change and the breadth of impact have become unavoidable. Thanks to the automation and control that technology enables, organisations are free to focus on their primary goal: unlocking data to provide an enterprise-wide view of risk for maximum return. That demands high-quality information, delivered in real-time.
SO WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES?
Insurers have been held back by:
- Siloed information – Moving data out of siloed and often locked-down structures will deliver real value and competitive advantage
- Slow reporting – Reporting has typically been a drawn-out process often, taking days or weeks. It can now be delivered instantaneously
- Dependence on narrowly modelled views – The industry’s reliance on models is deep rooted, but often the results aren’t transparent or exible. It’s now possible to create multiple detailed deterministic scenarios, giving your organisation the customised view it needs
THE FUTURE OF EXPOSURE MANAGEMENT IS HERE
Xuber Xposure has been architected from the ground up to provide full enterprise capabilities and scalability, handling millions of risk exposures and providing advanced levels of performance and security. It clarifies your risk profile by aggregating insurance values from a wide range of coverages recorded across complex policies. It also gives you detailed exposure analysis and manages information from numerous big data sources to deliver a comprehensive and accurate understanding of potential losses at any point in time.
"Xposure puts forward-thinking organisations at the cutting edge."
XUBER XPOSURE, CSC’s gold standard for clarity in risk.
"We have used Xposure for more than 10 years. After the Tōhoku Japanese earthquake we were able to calculate our aggregate exposure to produce numeric results and map visualisation within minutes. This enabled us to see the concentration of exposures down to an individual location level "
Matt Stephens, Head of Xposure Analysis, Aegis, London
INTEGRATION, VISUALISATION AND COLLABORATION: DELIVERED
Xposure puts forward-thinking organisations at the cutting edge.
Help key personnel avoid data overload by presenting only highly relevant metrics. Data is refreshed in real-time, speeding mission-critical decision making.
Simple browser-based technology enables a single-step deployment, making it easy to roll out to hundreds of users across multiple o ces and territories. Creating a centralised, independent repository for all location-based exposure data also delivers a lower total cost of ownership and faster return on investment.
Enjoy a choice of deployment options – from self-hosted and cloud-hosted to Software as a Service models.
Seamlessly integrate with other enterprise platforms, including catastrophe models, policy administration systems and key geocoding engines.
Multiple ‘class of business data enhancers’ improve information quality, more accurately price risk and manage exposures.
- Powerful reporting to give you real-time visually friendly and accurate aggregate exposure for all classes of insurable risks
- Complex reporting to help you: – Manage and model any line of business
- Apply natural and man-made catastrophe scenarios globally
- Rapidly change scenarios or reporting as worldwide events unfold or as your business develops
- Market integration with catastrophe modelling platforms to validate vendor models and analyse non-modelled risk
- Intelligent data to ensure a higher quality of information and industry-wide insights
- Integral location hierarchy to report by coverage and scope, providing accurate exposure data across your entire enterprise
THE FUTURE OF RISK EXPOSURE MANAGEMENT IS HERE.
the solution used by many of the world’s leading re/insurance firms.
one enterprise-wide platform for your firm’s entire exposure portfolio.
a single, global system of record.
decision-critical analytics quickly to clarify and control risk.
Talk to CSC about getting a better view: email@example.com
DIGITAL CLAIMS FOR COMMERCIAL INSURANCE
CSC’s end-to-end digital strategy for claims and risk management on a SaaS platform
* Improve customer satisfaction by redefining how consumers engage with their insurance company
* Move the claims process off paper, out of silos, and into the digital era
* Make it possible for everyone involved in the claims process to have almost instant access to all relevant information via their PC or mobile device
* Gain access to all the data available to your organization and make better informed decisions
CSC's Cloud hosted SaaS offerings, powered by 360Globalnet, drive a comprehensive digital strategy for Claims and Risk management,
- Self Service: Allows customers to report any claim online from their mobile device in a structured format via video/image/text
- Mobile Workforce Management: Comprehensive functionality to manage any mobile workforce be it your own investigators, loss adjusters, outsourcing companies or 360Globalnet’s own 24/7 crowdsourcing based network of agents
- Live Video Streaming: Live mobile video streaming of complex claim events from site with new cellular technology to guarantee best possible connectivity
- Digital Video platform: Full suite of features to allow the capture, secure hosting and sharing of claims-related video content
- Data Analytics: A comprehensive and easy to use BI/MI and Fraud Detection system which works across structured and unstructured data and from multiple data sources
With CSC Digital Claims, the claims process becomes fast and transparent, and all your data becomes fully searchable using proprietary data analytics solutions. The advantages are tangible, including:
- Increased customer satisfaction: Delivers a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 76 for property claims. Ranks #1 in UK
- Cycle times significantly reduced: Claims settled in hours rather than days/weeks (average under 2 hours for Property)
- Increased Fraud deterrence and detection: Claim withdrawals post instruction up 7% (Property), detection rates up 40% (P.I.)
- Reduced Claim Costs
- Indemnity cost reduction 17%
- Efficiency savings – call centre demand down by almost two thirds
- Better control of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Working alongside existing I.T. infrastructure: Use stand alone or easily integrated to back office systems
CSC’s unique platform empowering
carriers to deliver a digital customer
experience for insurance
As today’s carriers face new challenges from many directions, they will be asking questions like:
* How can we respond to new competitors, new delivery channels, and extended ecosystems?
* What’s the best way to use innovations like the Internet of Things and Cloud for digital transformation?
* Customers today expect buying insurance to be as easy as shopping online for books, clothes, or any other commodity. How can we meet these expectations?
* How can we put analytics to work in order to derive value from new sources of data about our customers and their behaviours?
OmniChannel is CSC’s platform offering carriers complete, planned, digital customer engagement:
- Continuously integrate, enhance, manage and analyse customer information
- Accelerate customer acquisition
- Increase customer satisfaction, and revenue
- Strengthen customer retention
A Digital Customer experience for Insurance
- Seamless customer experience optimised for each distribution and enagagement channel
- Digital enhancement: right message, right channel, right time
- Insight and understanding – driven by internal and externally available data
- Guided buying journeys tailored to roles, personas and lifecycle stages